Phoebe Schecter visits TBSHS
Groundbreaking, pioneering, inspirational sports coach speaks to 6th Form
The Visit of Phoebe Schecter
If you can see it, you can be it.
We were delighted to welcome Phoebe Schecter to talk with the sixth form on Tuesday 31st January in their Citizenship lesson.
Phoebe Schecter is a groundbreaking, pioneering and inspirational sports coach, player and broadcaster. Phoebe is a former Buffalo Bills Tight Ends Coach, the current Team Captain of the Great Britain American Football Team, a global ambassador for NFL Flag, Managing Director of U.K. Dukes, influential contributor and leader to many coaching organisations, very popular event host and the foremost female commentator on American Football for “Sky Sports” and “Talk Sport”.
In her session with over 300 sixth formers, Phoebe Schecter talked about the importance of the following:
- Knowing yourself – your strengths and weaknesses
- Finding a mentor to support you
- Gaining any experience you can
- The important of grind and hard work and continuous improvement
- Having positive energy
- Thinking about what kind of leader you want to be
- Thinking about leaders who have influenced you
- Accepting you will make mistakes
- Reaching out to ask others – “no one got where they are by not helping others”
- Staying prepared and being ready
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable
- Take opportunities
- There is no straight line to success
- Give back to others