Thought For The Day – Thursday 29th September 2022
Helping Those In Need
We will be collecting items for Bishop’s Stortford Food Bank’s Harvest Collection in the next week. Bishop’s Stortford Food Bank has become increasingly important and much in demand through the years. It was founded in 2013 and will celebrate a decade of inspirational service next year. The school very kindly donated to the food bank throughout the global pandemic. Please bring any items to Room 8 or Reception. Compassion, empathy, kindness and helping those in need are at the heart of “The Black and Gold Spirit” as we reach out a hand, do what we can, respect and do not walk on by. We will be collecting the items listed below. Please ensure all items are allergy-safe with, for example, no nuts.
- Tinned tomatoes/pasta sauce
- Baked Beans/Tinned Spaghetti
- Tinned meat
- Tinned vegetables
- Sponge puddings
- Tinned fruit
- UHT milk
- Fruit juice
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, razors, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste and hand wipes.
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons.
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food.
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, washing powder, bleach, antibacterial spray and washing up liquid
Thank you for your continued support.