Sixth Form: Life Beyond TBSHS
Updated: Fri 10 Mar 2017
Life beyond TBSHS
Whether you want to continue to further study at university, enter the field of work or develop during a gap year, our experienced and dedicated Sixth Form team will provide you with comprehensive support to help you make the best post-18 choices. Our broad programme of advice and guidance includes visits, independent advisors and external speakers from all walks of life, complementing our strong academic and extra-curricular provision so that you develop your skills, interests and talents against a backdrop of study and career path knowledge. This means you can assess and review your potential and priorities throughout Sixth Form to maximise your chances of success on leaving TBSHS.
Over 90% of our Sixth Formers continue to degree study each year with 45% gaining places at the prestigious Russell Group universities through the specialised support we provide to our candidates for the elite universities and highly competitive subjects such as medicine. Others have chosen to complete Foundation Arts courses or proactive gap years prior to further study while others have commenced employment directly, benefiting from the expanding range of apprenticeships available.
Our support includes:
- Off-site University visits
- On-site Academic and Industry speakers
- Advice from former students
- Independent Careers Advisor
- Careers Resources including software tools
- Work Experience Co-ordinator
- Detailed university admissions guidance through UCAS
- Personal Statement and CV Preparation
- Tailored support for Oxbridge and other competitive entrance courses such as Medicine
- Mock Interviews
- Post-18 Bulletin disseminating full range of post-18 opportunities including apprenticeships, job vacancies and alternative training routes
- Individual guidance.
Each student will be given the tailored support and help they need to aspire and reach their personal goals as they progress into adult life.
Click here to open the Post 18 Booklet