Academic: When your Child is Absent
Updated: Mon 30 Jan 2017
How to notify the school if your child is absent
- Reporting Absence: Any student absence, whatever the reason, must be reported by 8.30am on each morning of absence, using the dedicated Attendance Line number -
- The Attendance Line should be used for reporting absence and not the Admin School Offices or the main school number.
- Emails will not be accepted for notification of absence.
- If a ‘phone call has been made each day of absence, a subsequent written note will not be required.
- Late arrival/missed registration: Any student missing a form registration, either morning or afternoon for any reason, should sign in late using the Vericool sign in/out screen in the main reception area. If they do not, an unauthorised absence may remain on their record and parents may be notified of absence unnecessarily.
If parents/guardians are aware of a reason why their child will arrive late on any occasion, they should notify the school by ringing the Attendance Line. It is also helpful to write a brief note in their organiser that can be shown to staff querying late arrival.
- Signing Out/In: Signing out is done using the Vericool screen in main reception. Any student needing to leave during the school day for an appointment, etc., must bring a note from their parents before or on the day in question. Students must get the note initialled by their Form Tutor, or other appropriate member of staff, to indicate that permission has been granted. The student must keep the note to present to the Receptionist at the front of school when signing out. Students without a signed note will not be allowed off site until contact has been made with a parent/guardian.
Signing back in on return from an appointment must also be done electronically using the Vericool screen in Reception.